Six Best Practices for Healthcare Providers to Power Up their Business with Millennials
Oct. 17, 2017
SANTA MONICA, Calif.–PatientPop, the leader in practice growth technology designed for healthcare providers to grow, modernize and streamline their patient experience, today announced the six best practices that healthcare providers can implement to grow their business with the $200 billion Millennial market.
Millennials—defined as those born between 1982 and 2002—make up more than 25 percent of the population in the United States. 80 million potential patients from this market segment are leaving their parents’ insurance and looking for their own healthcare provider. This influx has created a market rich with opportunity for healthcare providers seeking to expand their business.
“The Millennial market makes up a significant portion of the population and connecting with this audience is critical for healthcare providers,” said Kyle Johnson, Product Marketing Director at PatientPop. “As a result of Millennials’ buying power, appealing to this new generation is a must. Our mission is to help practices thrive by bridging the gaps that exist with their ability to increase patient volume and offer a 5-star experience in the digital age.”
According to Forbes, Millennials aren’t unlike Baby Boomers or Gen Xers before them: they seek a positive customer experience and an authentic brand that stands for something. However, the engagement model is different, with Millennials responding to messages on review sites and social platforms rather than solely word-of-mouth referrals.
To leverage their appeal to Millennials, PatientPop recommends six best practices for healthcare providers to engage this audience:
- Be present online. The American Press Institute estimates that 51 percent of Millennials are almost always online or connected, so healthcare providers must be easily accessible with a simple Internet search. Healthcare providers should ensure they are easily searchable on Google, have business listings and positive ratings with sites like Yelp and Vitals.com, and a website and social media presence.
- Be mobile. 91 percent of Millennials in the U.S. will make a purchase this month using their mobile phone. Google also prioritizes mobile search results, with non mobile-friendly sites penalized by the search engine. To be visible to Millennials searching for a healthcare provider, and allow them to learn about your practice or book an appointment on their device of choice, a practice must have a mobile-friendly site with the ability to book or call from their smartphones.
- Be social. Five out of six Millennials are connected with companies on social media. Healthcare providers should not only have a social media presence, but stay engaged with patients on these channels. Providers can use these platforms to share relevant educational content and promotions, as well as read and reply to reviews.
Simplified, online service. Millennials expect seamless, user-friendly service to make appointments and save time throughout their process. Healthcare providers should offer a hassle-free online experience that allows the patient to simply research and book online as well as fill out forms from home prior to their visit.
- Communicate in your marketing. Millennials are ad-blind because they’ve been exposed to so many advertisements. Millennials will surely be turned off by anything that is gimmicky or disingenuous. Healthcare providers that focus on authentic marketing – one that is messaged according to Millennial needs – will be much more likely to engage and buy, especially if the products and services align with their own ethics and beliefs.
- Communicate in your customer service. There aren’t any secret handshakes or buzzwords that engage Millennials. While much of their interaction is through social channels, they still want the human touch, filling in the gaps where digital is lacking. Healthcare providers can keep their Millennial customers engaged by being consistent with their messaging — from online to in-person.
PatientPop offers free assessments for healthcare providers to grade their practice and determine how its offerings can help businesses grow. For additional information, visit patientpop.com.
PatientPop is the first all-in-one practice growth platform uniquely designed for healthcare. Its software empowers healthcare providers to thrive in the digital age by combining the tools needed to grow their practice, modernize their patient experience and streamline their front office in a single solution. By enhancing and automating each touchpoint in the patient journey – from first impression online to digital booking to post-appointment follow-up – PatientPop makes it easy for healthcare providers to build their patient base, increase patient retention and boost revenue. For more information, please visit patientpop.com and follow @PatientPop.
Tribe Builder Media