Healthcare Providers Can Strengthen Patient Relationships by Building a Strong Web Presence and Focusing on Online Communication
Nov. 16, 2017
SANTA MONICA, Calif.–PatientPop, the leader in practice growth technology for healthcare providers, today shared key insights on how healthcare providers can better connect with their patients outside of the office to form lasting relationships.
According to the Pew Research Center, about nine in 10 U.S. adults use the internet, with 69% using some type of social media. For healthcare providers, this presents an opportunity to engage with patients — particularly those who only visit the office when they are sick or injured — in ways they couldn’t in years past.
“The doctor’s expertise and the office experience aren’t always enough to retain patients or keep them coming back for regular checkups or follow-up appointments,” said PatientPop Director of Local SEO and Marketing Joel Headley. “However, building a strong web presence and consistently communicating with patients online can help form lasting relationships, among other benefits.”
To better connect with patients out of the office, Headley recommends the following to healthcare providers:
- Create a compelling practice website. Connecting with patients online begins with a strong website. Your website should include your biography and credentials, detailed information about your practice and services, and patient reviews or testimonials. It can also include educational materials about your specialties that help patients understand the unique value you bring to the table.
- Distribute an email newsletter. An email newsletter sent monthly or quarterly is a great way to keep in touch with patients. Newsletters can highlight new services, promotions, or upcoming office events. They can also include recent blog posts from your practice.
- Communicate on social media. Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram are ideal for sharing timely practice updates or reminders, as well as helpful information from credible third-party sources. Updating social media profiles regularly can also help you attract and engage Millennial patients, who make up more than 25% of the population and who are the most active on social media.
- Send appointment reminders. It can be easy for patients to forget a scheduled appointment, but the consequences of missing an appointment can be costly for you and them. Sending automated appointment reminders allows patients to easily confirm or reschedule their appointments without bogging down your staff.
- Provide feedback opportunities. Patients want to feel that their physicians value their opinions. A simple, yet effective way to show patients you’re listening is to provide opportunities to give feedback after appointments. In addition to helping your patients feel heard, gathering online feedback can help you improve your practice.
PatientPop offers free assessments for healthcare providers to demonstrate how its practice growth platform can help them better connect with customers online and more. To diagnose your practice, visit patientpop.com.
PatientPop is the proven all-in-one practice growth platform uniquely designed for healthcare. Its software empowers healthcare providers to thrive in the digital age by combining the tools needed to grow their practice, modernize their patient experience, and streamline their front office in a single solution.
By enhancing and automating each touchpoint in the patient journey — from first impression online to digital booking to post-appointment follow-up — PatientPop makes it easy for healthcare providers to build their patient base, increase patient retention, and boost revenue. For more information, visit patientpop.com.
Tribe Builder Media