Create a helpful online presence
Your online presence is often how you make your first impression to your patients. When they’re searching for a doctor online, patients want a sense of what their experience at your practice might be like, and will look at your online profiles and website to find out.
To give prospective patients the best idea of what to expect, you should include photos of both the exterior and interior of your practice on your online profiles and your website. Images of the exterior will help new patients find your practice if they have never visited before, while photos of the interior will help them get a sense of your brand and your practice as a whole.
In addition, a helpful online presence is one that provides patients with clear and consistent information. Patients can’t make appointments if they can’t reach you, and you don’t want to turn any patients away by confusing them with inconsistencies.
Claim and update your profiles on important online business and healthcare directories to include photos, location information, and hours. Make sure your profiles link to your website.
Your website is your home base for your online presence and serves as a reflection of your practice’s overall brand. Unlike with your online profiles, you decide what information to include and how it is organized on your website.
You can use your website to build trust with people who have never visited your practice before. To build trust, your website should be professional and modern in design and include the following pages:
- An about page: Use your About Page to share the reasons a patient should visit your practice, which might include mention of your credentials and experience as well as your approach to healthcare. You might also consider including a thoughtful bio, so patients can get a sense of your personality and bedside manner.
- Location pages: Create a separate page for each of your locations with unique content and clear information about that location, including its name, address, phone number, a map, and other contact details.
- A people page: This page should include photos of your staff as well as information about their experience and qualifications. You can even consider adding a personal note about each person to encourage a connection with patients.
- Services pages: The services you specialize in provide an excellent opportunity to build multiple pages on your website, with each page focused on a particular service. These help patients find you for the services you offer.
- A testimonials page: Including testimonials on your website provides social proof, which helps generate trust. Patients want to see that other people have had positive experiences with your practice.